Oral Appliance Therapy
Your medical professional may recommend an oral appliance for treatment of your snoring or Obstructive Sleep Apnea. This small, custom fit device fits securely in your mouth and prevents the tongue and soft tissues in the back of the throat from collapsing, keeping your airway open to ensure adequate oxygen intake while you sleep.
Our on-site, sleep trained dentists provide a variety of custom fit appliances based on which is best suited to your individual needs and lifestyle.
What Is Oral Appliance Therapy?
When assessed and treated by a sleep-trained dentist, Oral Appliance Therapy will help to improve snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Oral Appliance Therapy favorably positions the tongue and mandible to keep the airway open during sleep and therefore encourages sufficient oxygen delivery throughout your body.
Advantages of Oral Appliance Therapy:
- Oral Appliances are comfortable and easy to wear
- Oral Appliances are small and convenient, ,making them easy to carry when traveling
- Treatment is non-invasive
- Proven effective in the treatment of snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea
How Oral Appliance Therapy Works:
- Optimally positions the lower jaw, tongue, soft palate and uvula
- Stabilizes the lower jaw and tongue
- Increases the muscle tone of the tongue
Benefits of Oral Appliance Therapy:
- Non-invasive treatment for snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Significantly improves sleep apnea symptoms including oxygen saturation and daytime fatigue
- Higher compliance rates than CPAP therapy